Okay, I hate complaining and I promise not to make this a regular occurrence, but I have to vent this morning.
As you know, I just started training for a half marathon in December a couple of weeks ago (sidenote: the half marathon I am running also has a full marathon option). Since then, I'm happy to report that many of my friends are joining in and have decided to run with me, which I am SOO excited about...the more the merrier and I'm touched to be any kind of influence that pushed them to do so! Plus, I love running partners :)
That said, there have also been some people that have heard about the half-marathon and have said (to my face) something along the lines of "You know what, I think I'll run the full marathon. But I don't need to train...I mean I'm a runner. It can't be that hard, right?"
YES!
It IS hard. Training for any race is difficult for all types of runners, especially when your body isn't accustomed to running that kind of distance. There is nothing easy about running 13.1 miles or 26.2 miles! Hell, I ran 4 miles this morning and it was hard! So please, people, even if it is easy for you to run a half-marathon or a marathon, keep it to yourself because you're reallllllllly killin my high.
That's all. Happy National Coffee Day!
screw those peeps...they probably bonk out during the race any way, and I really want to meet the person who doesn't have to train because they are full of S**T
ReplyDelete