Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The voice

Is anyone else SUPER excited for this show airing tonight?

http://img.poptower.com/pic-46755/the-voice-nbc-tv-show.jpg?d=600

I AM! Call me crazy, but I've been over American Idol for a couple years now...I know, I know. I should be a huge fan since I'm a singer...but after Paula left 2 seasons ago, I tried to still watch with Ellen and couldn't get into it. I'm not going to lie - I didn't even bother with this season. Sorry, but Simon made the show. Although he was incredibly harsh at times, he was almost always right. JUST sayin.

Which brings me to The Voice. I think the concept of this show just sounds so cool. Instead of judges, they have "coaches" - Blake Shelton (love), Christina Aguilera (can't say she's not talented!), Cee Lo Green (he's ehh for me, but I like his music) and Adam Levine (balla). So, it starts as a blind competition. The coaches listen to each performer audition but don't get to see them. If they like what they hear, they can choose to coach the contestant. (Side note: if more than one coach chooses the contestant, the contestant has to choose their coach!) Once teams are set, the battle begins, obviously ending with only ONE voice. I just think it sounds like a cool and unique concept as opposed to all of the other typical singing/competition shows on air right now. I'm excited! It's set to record on my DVR in case I can't catch it tonight.

Update on the 21 Day Challenge: day 2 is going well! I like that you eat 5 times during the day...I'm literally never hungry. It's awesome. I've always heard this is the best way to eat for your metabolism. The hardest part so far has been watching the boyfriend eat his own dinners. But I've decided I'll just go upstairs and keep myself busy while he is eating so there is no temptation. He is being very supportive!

1 comment:

  1. dangit! i missed it!?!?! let us know how it went

    ReplyDelete