Thursday, May 26, 2011

Current obsession

Pilates Reformer Machine Classes

http://pilatesreformer-best.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Pilates-Reformer.jpg

I've been meaning to post about this for a couple weeks...my friend Katie convinced me to try a Pilates studio in Dallas called Beyond Pilates, and it is AMAZING. I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm addicted. I was super nervous to try a Pilates class that used a "Reformer machine." I mean, hell, look at that thing. It sounds and looks incredibly intimidating. But I love it. I started about a month ago taking one class a week, and it really is incredible. I happen to LOVE the soreness (for days!) that comes with these classes.

It really forces you to focus on your core, which I have always needed a little coaching with. I've done those "15-Minute Abs" classes, but they really don't do that trick. Crunches are great, but using your core to do leg and arm exercises or holding yourself up requires so much more strength than a simple ab work out. I highly recommend you try a class! The only downside is the price tag. Pilates Reformer classes ain't cheap. Best thing to do is buy a package, which lowers the price down a bit, and space out your workouts. I am a big proponent of switching up your workout - probably because I'm so ADD and get bored with the same old routine every day. So I like to mix up my workouts with spinning classes, running, biking, hot yoga, lifting weights and, now, Pilates! Trust me - try it, you will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. ive never tried it but sounds like FUN!

    ReplyDelete