I'm finally taking T out for his birthday dinner tonight. Yes, I know it's long overdue, but I was doing the 21 Day Eating Challenge, rememmmmber? He was not exactly excited when I started the challenge, but he was a great sport! Letting me celebrate with him 3 weeks late - I gotta say, I probably wouldn't be as kind. Although, sometimes I wish I could celebrate my birthday when it's warm. Let's be honest, for an outdoorsy, loves-the-summer-and-warm-weather kind of girl, February birthdays are not the greatest. Growing up, of course, was never too shabby because winters in Florida could hardly be described as a real "winter." For those of you who live up north and are rolling your eyes because I live in Texas, go ahead and think back to the SuperBowl, which was played in Dallas this year, and all of the ice storms we had. MISerable. I had snow days galore, which had its perks, but there comes a point where you get cabin fever, mmk? I moved to Texas because I thought it was warm...that it had a similar weather pattern as Florida. I was wrong.
Anywhoo, enough about weather. SO birthday dinner is tonight, going away party for my old roomie is tomorrow night (she is moving to Hotlanta for grad school...booooo) and the Jimmy Buffet concert for Trey's birthday is Saturday. Did you catch all that? Busy weekend...I told you a couple weeks ago that I was trying my hardest to try and relax for a couple of weeks until the end of May/summer hit. From here on in, it's insanity. Wish me luck!
Being from Florida, I've been to 5 Jimmy Buffet concerts. Yes, this will be my 6th. Last year, I took T to his first one, and he was flabbergasted by the tailgating. I tell you something, Parrot Heads sure know how to party! Here are a couple photos from last year's concert/what we can expect on Saturday:
Sadly, the only pic I have from tailgating pre-concert is a leetle inappropriate for publishing! Sorry for partying...
What are everyone else's plans this weekend? Is anyone else thrilled that it's Thursday? I couldn't be happier...
No comments:
Post a Comment