Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday thoughts

I completely forgot to mention that I went paddle-boarding for the very first time last weekend, and it was SOO fun. Quite a workout too! I wish I had photos, but I'm always too scared to bring my camera to the beach. My mom snapped a couple with her iPhone, but they of course turned out terrible. Bummer. Anyway, I want to buy one to keep at Trey's lake house - such a fun activity and a great leg/ab/arms workout.

In other news, I just bought two bathing suits on Victoria's Secret.com because they are having their semi-annual sale. I got a pretty phenom deal. Two bathing suit tops and one bottom (to mix-and-match) for 70 bucks! Pretty good dealio. And the shipping was free. Done and done.

I've been really into reading lately, which is great! Summer is always the perfect time to catch up on books I've had on my list for a while. I finished The Help last week...AMAZING. Anyone else read it? I could not put it down. I also started The Hunger Games over the weekend and am 90% done! My sister-in-law (who turned me on to the Twilight series haha) told me I had to read it, and, by golly, she was right. It is addicting. I literally haven't read a book this fast SINCE Twilight. I highly suggest it!

http://thehogshead.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/hungergames.jpg

This week has flown by - anyone else agree/disagree? Now that I said that, I'm sure the next 2 days are going to go by sooooooo slow. A big group of us are floating the Guadelupe River this weekend, and I am so excited! We did the same trip last year, and it was a blast. Rented a huge house in New Braunfels, floated the river all day Saturday and went to an outdoor concert Saturday night (which obviously made for a very exhausting drive home on Sunday!). This year, we are going to see Girl Talk and I cannot wait. They are a favorite "artist/band" of mine - great to work out to if you are interested in some new tunes!

Here is a little preview of what to expect...dressing up for the concert is a MUST.



There you have it. Oh, and yes, that is my very handsome boyfriend. Can you tell I'm excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment